By mini bus/bus
There are plenty of mini buses (locally called angkot/daihatsu) and medium-sized buses called Damri in the city. These mini buses go to different destinations as follows:
- Damri No.1 Route: Terboyo-Banyumanik. Fare: Rp.6,000
- Damri No.2 Route: Terboyo-Mangkang. Fare: Rp.4,500
- Damri No.5 Route: Johar-Kompleks Perumnas. Rp.5,000
Since 2008 Dishub Pemda Semarang operating Damri air con for Rp 5,000
The active corridors of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) or called as Trans Semarang are:
- Corridor I: Penggaron-Mangkang (Red Line)
- Corridor II Pudakpayung-Terboyo (Grey line)
Fare: Rp. 3500, students: Rp. 2000
The other planned routes are:
- Corridor III Tembalang-Terboyo (Lime line)
- Corridor IV Banyumanik-Tanjung (Yellow Line)
- Corridor V Penggaron-Terboyo (Orange Line)
- Corridor VI Bandara A Yani-Terboyo (Pink line)
The mini bus has the route travelled written on the top-front of the bus. The route normally written in the form of ‘origin-destination’ and sometimes with ‘ VIA ‘ information if there is more than 1 mini bus with the same origin-destination but through a different route or path in between.
For example: Daihatsu Johar-Sampangan, means the origin is from Johar terminal and going to Sampangan and vice-versa. The fares for the mini-bus is around Rp.2000-3000.
Some popular places in Semarang that can be reached by mini bus/bus are:
- Pasar Johar, you need to board Daihatsu with the route Johar-Sampangan.
- ADA Siliwangi Supermarket, you need to board Daihatsu with the route PRPP-Klipang
- Tawang Train Station, Damri No.1 Terboyo-Banyumanik.
- Poncol Station, Daihatsu Semarang-Salatiga.
- Terboyo Bus Terminal, Damri No.1 or Damri No.2.
- Undip (Diponegoro University), Damri No.1 or Damri No.5.
Make sure you ask the conductor/driver of the minibus before you board, for the route it goes and whether it goes to the place YOU want to go.
Taxis are safe and comfortable – yet you have to stay alert, and reasonably priced (starting price, Rp5000). Recommended Taxi : Blue Bird, a bit expensive but has better reputation than other taxi companies.
Make sure you understand the route or ask a friend. Make sure the driver uses the meter (“argo”). If he refuses to use the meter, use another taxi. List of taxi companies:
- Astria (jl pemuda), Jl Jatisari 1, Semarang 50235 (jl terboyo), + 62-24-7460940.
- Centris Multipersada, Jl Majapahit 583, + 62-24-6723624.
- Kosti, Jl Pamularsih 15, Semarang 50148, + 62-24-7613333.
- Pandu Persada Saranamukti, Jl Kaligawe Km 4/46,+ 62-24-6591234.
- Puri Kencana, jl raya pemuda (trminal),+ 62-24-6705050.
Fuel for your car (if you rent a car) Petrol is available in 3 different choices, “Premium”, “Pertamax” and “Pertamax Plus” for petrole fueled vehicles and “Solar” for diesel powered vehicles. Fueling is not a self service here, you can not dispense fuel yourself. The petrol station have their own employees who will fill-up for you and then pay them for the fuel. Rent Car Company like Central Java Transporter, +6285225993574
Rent A Car
Or you can rent a car, you can choose the most convenient car for get around.
List of Rent Car companies :
- (Cipaganti) Jl. Pamularsih Raya Semarang
- (Tritama Rent Car) Jl. Kedungmundu Raya No. 18-A Semarang
- (Indorent) Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 378 Semarang
- (Smartco Autorent) Jl. Durian Raya Banyumanik Semarang
- (Assa Rent A Car) Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 320-A Semarang
Source : http://wikitravel.org